Announcing our first 2013 workshop:
Taxes for the Self Employed, Writers, Artists and other Creative Types.
Mark your calendar, and get a jump on your 2012 taxes in our first Writers Night Out Workshop: “Taxes…”
This workshop will teach self-employed writers, artists, and entrepreneurs how to keep track of income and expenses and save money at tax time. Even if you receive only part of your income as a freelancer or independent contractor, you’ll want to take this valuable CWC workshop presented by arts-friendly accountant David Turrentine. Open to everyone! You don’t have to be a writer to sign up.
Take this workshop and learn how to write it off!
The workshop will cover:
- An in-depth discussion of tax-deductible expenses for self-employed artists.
- An examination of wage income vs. independent contractor income and expenses. (W-2s and 1099s)
- Basic bookkeeping techniques and tips on how to run a “one-person business.”
- Valuable hints on how to deal with self-employment income.
- A demonstration of how to include business expenses on your tax return to significantly reduce your tax liability.
Taxes for the Self Employed (Writers, Artists, Creative Types)
Date: Monday, January 21, 2013
Time: 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Location: Brasserie 54
Click here to register.
About Your Instructor
David Turrentine has been preparing taxes for self-employed individuals nationwide since 1988. He has been an Enrolled Agent since 1998. Mr. Turrentine received his accounting and tax training at DePaul University, and is an active member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents. He has presented tax workshops at many independent venues, and has appeared as a guest lecturer at Columbia University, Northwestern University, UIC, De Paul University, and with the AmeriCorps program.