- The Chicago literary scene. With over 100 independent bookstores, a Live Lit event every night of the week, recurring literary festivals like Printers Row, a thriving publishing community, and numerous Creative Writing programs and workshops, the city has everything a writer’s heart desires.
- Another successful Chicago Writers Conference. Our 200-plus attendees learned from over 30 writers spread in 19 different panels and talks. We enjoyed two reading series and were riveted by our keynote speakers. Some of us even got to pitch our ideas to agents!
- The city’s literary history. Nelson Algren, Saul Bellow, Upton Sinclair, Richard Wright, Sandra Cisneros, Gwendolyn Brooks, Ernest Hemingway, Studs Terkel, Roger Ebert…we could go on. There’s a reason why the American Writers Museum is planning on calling Chicago home.
- Our supporters. If you’re one of our 1,058 newsletter subscribers, 1,015 Twitter followers, or 658 Facebook fans, we are so grateful for your ongoing enthusiasm.
- Next year. That’s right, a preemptive thanks! We’re hard at work planning workshops and panels for 2014 that will help you reach your writing goals. Stay tuned!
Don’t want to miss out on any of our upcoming events? Subscribe to our newsletter!