Are you ready to kick-start your writing career, but can’t wait for the Chicago Writers Conference 2015? Luckily, we aren’t the only writers conference in the area. Midwest writers can also take advantage of the UW-Madison’s Writers’ Institute in the Madison Concourse Hotel from March 27-29. They are in their 26th year and have a line-up of speakers that include the CEO of Vast Entertainment, Lane Shefter Bishop, and award-winning short story writer, Ann Garvin.
Here are 10 more reasons to attend the Writers’ Institute:
- Pitch to 9 nationally known agents.
- Win the Poem & Page Contest and get published in the 2016 Midwest Prairie Review.
- Meet and network with instructors, agents, and fellow writers at the Success Panel Lunch and Writing Mixers.
- Work 1-on-1 with experts in fiction, memoir, young adult, nonfiction, and poetry.
- Sell and sign your books.
- Stop at our Writing Prompts room and hone your craft in a fun, spontaneous, challenging, and productive experience.
- Learn about the latest in traditional and self-publishing trends directly from experts and fellow writers who’ve found success.
- Practice your pitches with experts.
- Spend Saturday lunch with your fellow genre writers.
- Be one of the 1st to explore the 3rd edition of the Midwest Prairie Reviewjournal.
Register for all 3 event days, and attend a free pre-conference Introduction to Pitching session featuring a Crafting a Winning Logline by Lane Shefter Bishop, CEO of Vast Entertainment, and Tips on How to Find an Agent by Red Sofa Literary’s Dawn Frederick.
Rather stay closer to home? We invite you to join us at our annual Party with a Purpose on March 31 at Mrs. Murphy and Sons Irish Bistro which supports 20 scholarships for literacy tutors at Open Books as well as 826CHI.