Loved #cwc2014? This year’s conference is cooking up to be even bigger and better! We have more panels, more speakers, and more chances to network and share your writing! Here’s what’s new at #cwc2015:
- Two New Intensives
- After you register, you’ll have the opportunity on the confirmation page to add-on either our Self-Publishing Intensive or our Non-Fiction Book Proposal Intensive, both on Friday, September 25.
- Self-Publishing Guru Clayton Smith from Dapper Press will be leading the Self-Publishing Intensive: “I think we self-published authors are the only ones who can change the tide on the negative stigma that self-publishing gets. No one’s going to make our books better for us; it’s up to us to take it seriously and do the work to produce a self-published book that can stand up against anything published by the Big Five.”
- Nadine Kenney, author of the memoir Nine Babies on Ice will be leading our Non-Fiction Book Proposal Intensive: “When I was writing my memoir proposal, I bought three books on writing proposals. The problem was that the books talked a lot about non-fiction informational books, not memoirs. There is a lot of market research and publicity planning involved. I wish I’d had a class like this to teach me the ins and outs.”
- More Pitchfest Sessions!
- You’ll also be able to purchase up to two (2) Pitchfest appointments after you register.This will be your only chance to purchase a Pitchfest appointment.
- What’s a Pitchfest? It’s a chance for you to sit down with multiple agents and pitch your story with the hopes of selling your next project. Previously, our Pitchfest sessions took place only in the morning, but this year Pitchfest is a day-long affair! Read the bios of our agents and choose wisely! Space is limited!
- Small Sessions
- Small Sessions are a chance to sit down with a literary professional who’s been in the trenches and learn from her/his expertise. You’ll have a chance to Ask an Agent your burning publishing questions or get intimate advice on Revising your Work.
- There is no additional charge for small sessions, but you must sign up in advance via the “Add to My Sched” link on the schedule.
Limit 10 attendees per small session.
Subscribe to our newsletter for updates on speakers and special guests at CWC 2015. For more book recommendations, event listings, fun articles, and inspirational quotes like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.