Chicago Writers Conference
connecting writers with publishing professionals
What will you learn from our workshops and conferences? Here’s a small sampling:
- How to get your work published (traditional or digital; fiction or non-fiction)
- How to query agents
- Connecting with agents
- Advice from Fiction and Non-Fiction Publishers
- Strategies for promoting your work online
- Website/blog creation
- Social media tactics
- Content marketing
- Engaging with the writing community
- Newspaperman Rick Kogan
- Author Alex Shakar
- Author Samantha Hoffman
- Author Patricia Ann McNair
- Agents Danielle Egan-Miller, Marcy Posner and Amanda Luedeke
- Content Expert Andy Crestodina
- Arts Attorney Heather Liberman
Additional speakers scheduled to appear include: Robert K. Elder, Christine Sneed and local publishers Doug Seibold (Agate Publishing) and Jonathan Messinger (Featherproof books).
Everyone is Welcome!
This conference is for writers of any genre, at any level, or at any point in their career. You don’t need to have a completed manuscript to attend — just a willingness to learn, exchange ideas, and have fun!