The 2014 Chicago Writers Conference happens October 24-26, 2014
in Downtown Chicago. Registration is open.
We’ll kick off with a party on Friday night – location TBA!
Then join us for Conference Sessions on Saturday and Sunday at
University Center, 525 S. State St., Chicago.
Saturday night, we host a reading at a local bar.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Personal Finance for Writers
- Make Your Work Publish-able
- The Journey to Publication
- Social Media
- Writing for Online Publications
- Publicity for Writers
- Writing for the Younger Crowd
- What Publishers and Agents Want
- New York Times Best-Selling Author Sara Paretsky
- Children’s Author Allan Woodrow
- YA Author Erica O’Rourke
- Novelist Eric Charles May
- Novelist Loretta Nyhan
- Historical Fiction Writer Elizabeth Blackwell
- Writer, Editor, and Film Fan Tasha Robinson (The Dissolve)
- Editor Chuck Sudo (Chicagoist)
- Author Clayton Smith
- Shakespeare Re-Masters The Q Brothers
- Non-Fiction Author Audrey Petty
- Novelist Christine Sneed
- Novelist and Press Founder Kathleen Rooney
We will announce additional topics and guests as they are added. To be the first to know, sign up for our newsletter, and follow us on twitter and “like” us on facebook. We do not spam, and we do not share your information. We hate junk mail, too.
Pitchfest and Writing Intensives will be announced soon. If you register for the conference, you will receive a separate email about premium offerings.