The 2014 Chicago Writers Conference happens October 24-26, 2014
in Downtown Chicago.
We’ll kick off with a party on Friday night at Brando’s Speakeasy – 343 S. Dearborn.
Then join us for Conference Sessions on Saturday and Sunday at
University Center, 525 S. State St., Chicago.
Saturday night, we’re back at Brando’s from 6:30 – 8:30 for Chicago Writers, Chicago Readers, our reading event. Hear works from your fellow conferees and join us for a cocktail.
Tickets are sold out.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Personal Finance for Writers
- Make Your Work Publish-able
- The Journey to Publication
- Social Media
- Writing for Online Publications
- Publicity for Writers
- Writing for the Younger Crowd
- What Publishers and Agents Want
- New York Times Best-Selling Author Sara Paretsky
- Children’s Author Allan Woodrow
- YA Author Erica O’Rourke
- Novelist Eric Charles May
- Novelist Loretta Nyhan
- Historical Fiction Writer Elizabeth Blackwell
- Writer, Editor, and Film Fan Tasha Robinson (The Dissolve)
- Editor Chuck Sudo (Chicagoist)
- Author Clayton Smith
- Shakespeare Re-Masters The Q Brothers
- Non-Fiction Author Audrey Petty
- Novelist Christine Sneed
- Novelist and Press Founder Kathleen Rooney