Chicago Writers Conference
connecting writers with publishing professionals
The 2013 Chicago Writers Conference will take place Sept. 27-29, 2013 in Downtown Chicago.
First, we kick-off on Friday, September 27 with a party at Open Books Bookstore.
Then join us for Conference Sessions on Saturday, September 28 and Sunday, September 29 at the Chicago Public Library – Harold Washington Library Center for educational sessions and panel discussions. The library is located at 400 S. State St., Chicago.
Registration is now closed.
What will you learn? Here’s an overview:
- Learn ways to get work published (traditional or digital; fiction or non-fiction)
- How to query agents
- Connecting with agents
- Advice from Fiction and Non-Fiction Publishers
- Strategies for promoting your work online
- Website/blog creation
- Social media tactics
- Content marketing
- Engaging with the writing community
- Newspaperman Rick Kogan
- Author Alex Shakar
- Author Samantha Hoffman
- Author Patricia Ann McNair
- Agents Danielle Egan-Miller, Marcy Posner and Amanda Luedeke
- Content Expert Andy Crestodina
- Arts Attorney Heather Liberman
Additional speakers scheduled to appear include: Robert K. Elder, Christine Sneed and local publishers Doug Seibold (Agate Publishing) and Jonathan Messinger (Featherproof books).
Everyone is Welcome!
This conference is for writers of any genre, at any level, or at any point in their career. You don’t need to have a completed manuscript to attend — just a willingness to learn, exchange ideas, and have fun!