1. When and where is the 2013 Conference happening? Can I still sign up?
Registration for CWC 2013 closed on 9/20/13. There are no last-minute registrations and we do not accept walk-ups. To be kept up-to-date when our next workshop and conference open up, please sign up for our email list here. We do not spam.
Mark your calendar! The 2013 Chicago Writers Conference happens September 27-29, 2013. Our events happen at three (3) locations, so please view the full schedule and details here.
Registration closed on September 20.
2. When are you sending my tickets?
When you registered, you received a confirmation email with your tickets attached in pdf format. Download the pdf, print it, and bring it with you so we may check you in. You may also print your email, or show us on your mobile device.
3. I can’t live without being connected 24/7! Will there be Wi-Fi?
Yes. But do us a solid and pay attention to the speakers and panelists when they are speaking.
4. Which hotels are nearby?
For your convenience, we compiled a list of nearby hotels here.
5. What about parking? I’m driving!
We will have a discounted rate of $16/day at InterPark, 318 S. Federal St. on Saturday and Sunday. See our check-in staff for further details.
6. Can I read at the Saturday Night Reading?
“Chicago Readers/Chicago Writers” takes place on Saturday, September 28 at 5:30 p.m., at Brando’s Speakeasy, 343 S. Dearborn St. Submissions are closed, but join us for the reading!
7. Do you offer 1-day passes? Can I attend just one panel or one session? Do you offer discounts [for whatever]?
No on all counts. We have a partnership with Chicago Writers Association, and their members receive benefits for our one-night workshops.
8. What if I register and need to cancel?
Please visit our Cancellation Policy page for details.
9. I’ve never been to Chicago. Is it easy to get around?
We recommend public transit. Chicago also has a new bike share program if you’re feeling adventurous. However, the conference and events will be centrally-located in downtown Chicago so walking is the perfect way to get around. Bring your camera and take in those Chicago sights!
10. Please send me sponsorship information.
If you are interested in sponsoring CWC, please send an email to contact [at] chicagowritersconference [dot] org with the subject line: sponsorship. Include your company name along with contact name, email, and phone number, and our sponsorship coordinator will contact you. We will not send sponsorship details without all the aforementioned information.
11. I love to write, (or I’m thinking about writing) but I haven’t completed a manuscript. Should I still attend?
Yes! The conference is for writers of all genres, at any point in their careers. All you need is a love of writing and the willingness to have fun and learn.
12. Is this just for writers in Chicago?
No! The Chicago Writers Conference aims to help writers of all genres, at all levels, grow their literary pursuits and network. Join us!
P.S. Chicago is an awesome city to visit. Trust us, it’s worth the trip!
13. Can I volunteer at the next conference?
We do not source our own volunteers. If you would like to volunteer to support literacy in Chicago, please visit our charitable partner, Open Books. Open Books has a multitude of volunteer opportunities, and they are an excellent social enterprise that promotes literacy throughout Chicago.
14. Can I speak at the next conference?
Unless you are Gillian Flynn or Rebecca Skloot, we do not take proposals for programs. Please do not contact us about this. If you wish to connect with our audience, please see sponsorship info in # 10.