1. Send me information on the 2014 Conference.
It’s all right here.
Up-to-the-minute information can be had when you sign up for our email newsletter. We do not share or sell your information and we do not spam. You may unsubscribe any time. You may also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
The 2014 Conference will take place October 24-26, 2014 in downtown Chicago. Sessions on October 25 and 26 will take place at University Center, 525 S. State Street.
2. Do you have group rates at a local hotel? Which hotels are nearby? What about parking?
All hotel and parking options are on our website. We do not have a group rate for either.
3. I’m having trouble registering! I keep getting kicked off the Eventbrite page.
4. Do you offer 1-day passes to the conference? Do you offer discounts for [students/dogs/llamas/fill in the blank with your situation]?
No on all counts. We have a partnership with Chicago Writers Association, and their members receive benefits for our one-night workshops.
5. What if I register for a Workshop, Panel, or the Conference and need to cancel?
Please visit our Cancellation Policy page for details.
6. Please send me sponsorship information.
If you are interested in sponsoring CWC, please send an email to contact [at] chicagowritersconference [dot] org with the subject line: sponsorship. Include your company name along with contact name, email, and phone number, and our sponsorship coordinator will contact you. We will not send sponsorship details without all the aforementioned information.
7. I love to write, (or I’m thinking about writing) but I haven’t completed a manuscript. Should I still attend?
Yes! The conference is for writers of all genres, at any point in their careers. All you need is a love of writing and the willingness to have fun and learn.
8. Is this just for writers in Chicago?
No! The Chicago Writers Conference aims to help writers of all genres, at all levels, grow their literary pursuits and network. Join us!
P.S. Chicago is an awesome city to visit. Trust us, it’s worth the trip!
9. Can I volunteer at the next conference?
Interested volunteers can send us an email via our contact page. Please tell us why you’re interested in volunteering, and a little about yourself.
10. Can I speak at the next conference?
Unless you are Gillian Flynn or Rebecca Skloot, we do not take proposals for programs. Please do not contact us about this – for this year or any future year. If you wish to connect with our audience, please see sponsorship info above.